This weekend I had 2 cakes to make for 2 very special girls. The first is a dear friend of mine who will soon be a mommy! I can't wait to meet this sweet baby girl Loralei. So this is her baby shower cake I made. A totally covered in fondant cake with the colors themed from her nursery. One layer strawberry and one vanilla. I have to say the vanilla was a little too moist to be a strong cake, but as I always say "my cakes may not be the most perfect, but they will taste good!"
The next cake I made was for a little sweetness named Maely! She turned 2 and her mom threw her a Minnie and Daisy birthday. When she was describing the color pink she wanted she had me all confused. Saying it was a milky pink. Not hot pink or
baby pink and I was like WHAT?? Then she said the key phrase.....it has a violet hue to it. Well I think immediately thought of the My little Pony pink. So this was the color I created and although I haven't seen pictures to verify she said it was a perfect match. Nonetheless the cake was enjoyed and that is what I care most about.
But all in all I was 2 for 2 on fun cakes and great tasting cakes. Keep them coming ladies because I have much imagination to use on some cakes!
The cake was perfect thank you Kristen!!!
ReplyDelete